Tuesday 2 June 2009

Information Obligation

I am not going to lie to you, this is one of those introductory posts. You know the ones that are required so that you can introduce to yourself to the internet/blogosphere/whatever you wish to call it.

Hi Internet, Hi Blogosphere. My name is Sami, though for the sake of this blog you will call me Samii, yes with two I's. The reason behind that? Because the domain name using Sami with one I was already taken. You win some, you lose some, you know.

Moving on, you've gathered that my name is Samii. I am 19 years old (20 soon-ish). I live in Northern Ireland which is a country where it rains a lot and that's really all I have to say about it. There you go, now you have the basics of who I am and if you want to be a true internet-stalker I'm sure you could google my information and locate my bebo/facebook/twitter/myspace or whatever other social networking site you'll find me on. Feel free to do so.

This is the point in the post where I'm supposed to launch into the deeper side of myself and tell you about how I was born and raised in this country, my parents split when I was aged ten, how I've fallen in and out of love and suffered from a broken heart, lost friends, made friends, failed exams, passed exams, and now I'm at University.

Really though, I'm going to skip on past all of that and tell you the aim of this blog. See internet, I am no stranger to blogging. I've blogged before over here. I quit that blog because my personal life got way too involved and my reader friends presumed everything I wrote was about them. So outright here's what I'm going to say, presume everything is about you. Then we'll have no problems, okay? No seriously, if you are so concerned that I'm writing about your life on the internet then ask me or let me know. However, this blog is about me and my life, not you and your's so maybe you might want to question yourself first. Mmmkay.

So internet, let's get down to it. You have all the required obligatory information about who I am as a person and what my life is like and so from now on, it's just you and me. Mainly me though. The aim of this blog is to stand as a writing platform for me, a place for me to put my thoughts and my stories. A place for my voice to be heard. So I make no promises to be interesting or funny, I only promise you this, that this blog is 100% me.

Simply Me...

Simply Samii
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment