Sunday 28 June 2009

Post Secret

I am sure if you regularly follow this blog, you may have taken a look at my sidebar and noticed my blogroll. In that blogroll there is a link that says PostSecret. Post Secret is a community project started by Frank Warren. His idea was that people put their secrets on a postcard and annoymously mail them to him and since then, he has recieved millions of postcards from strangers all over the world. Every Sunday, he updated the post secret website from the best cards he recieved that week and the ones that don't get seen are put into books that can be purchased from Amazon or any bookstore, though moreso in the USA.

I follow this project intently because I think it's amazing that just one man can become so trusted with everybody's secrets even though he is a stranger to us. It's an awesome project and I have even purchased one of the books and shared it with my friends. Sometimes we laugh about the secrets, or start debates about some of the views shared, or have chats about the more serious issues brought up within them. And sometimes, we even find secrets that we have hidden amongst the cards, even if we never sent one in.

It's a really inspiring project and It's something that I would love to do myself. I want to do something inspiring like that, something that means something to someone else in the world. So I'm not going to ramble on, but post a few of the postcards that I've found interesting, or can relate to myself and I encourage you to click here and read the rest of the secrets yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment