Thursday 25 June 2009

Manfriends

So yesterday, I made a post about all the different sets of friends I have/had in my life. One particular set of friends I didn't mention are manfriends. You know, the men in your life, the one's who are lover's and friends at the same time.

If I am honest about this, I haven't had very many relationships or manfriends in my life thus far. If I recall correctly, there are about four men whom I've been in a so-called serious relationship. My history isn't very good either and they seem to turn into something opposite to what they are when I'm done with them.

For example, the first guy I ever dated (Hi! if you are reading this) turned out to be Gay in the end. I fully support him in this endevour but it was never something I expected of him because we used to talk about having a family and getting a house and what our pets would be. Maybe it's because we were young and naive and really had no clue who we were back then. But alas, we grew up, got to know ourselves and he made his decision, which is fair play to him because now he knows who he is and what he wants from life. I hope you are well by the way!

The second guy I dated, turned religious, though there was always that within him during our relationship. Though I am not religious myself, I have since come to terms with his beliefs and now we have regular chats on the phone or on msn and he has become a very good friend to me in recent months. Hello to you as well :) By the way, I'm in France so if you ask me to call you I probably won't be able too!

The third guy I dated, I don't know very much of what became of him. Apparantley though he joined the army and moved back to America, but then he came back to the country? I'm not really sure what happened there but it doesn't matter too much because he really hates my guts anyway. It has been 3 years since our break-up, so I am quite over the heartache that I felt at the time. I doubt you are indeed reading this but if you are, I hope you are well and that life has treated you well since we last spoke however many years ago it was - though you can and probably will continue to hate me even if I say that.

The fourth guy I was in a relationship with is still around. Our relationship is entirely complicated for reasons that I cannot really define. It's been on/off again for about a year and a half now. Our first attempt ended after a drunken stupor caused a huge rucus between us and well our relationship was quite rocky from the start. Our second time didn't turn out too well for reasons I will not disclose. I don't know if we are going to try again, but I know that I have a lot of feelings for him and in my own really screwed up way, I will always want him in my life.

I will not go as far as to say that he is the One or anything like that, but he is the only guy that has truly cared about my feelings, about what I want out of the relationship, he's the only one who has taught me things about myself and the world that I may not have learnt otherwise, he is the only one that has stayed up with me all night to help me do coursework and he is the only who has done a whole lot of other things that have truly made an impact on my life. At times, I have resented him for his attitude and his brutal honesty, but in the end I come around because I know he is telling me these things for my own good and for that, I respect him and hope that he will stick around to keep me grounded in reality and not dive completely into my fantasy-world.

And of course, I should make a mention to those manfriends, who have been solely sexual escapades, whom I've spent a night or two with, learning the tricks of the trade, or teaching them. To the ones who have spent the night in bed with me, ripping each others clothes off and learning what makes each other tick.

This blog is for you manfriends, from sexual to sensual, from love to hate, from make up to break up and everything in between, my thanks goes out to you, for sharing a part of your life with me and letting me share mine with you. Wherever you happen to be in the world now, or whatever you are doing, I hope that you are well and continue to be.

Love and thanks
Sami
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment